Friday, May 26, 2006

Kota Kinabalu - Diving Again!

KK trip was tiring, but I managed to squeeze a lot of things in the four day. Saturday reached KK, did nothing as it was hot, if only I knew Filipino market is nearby, I would have go there on my own. Malam makan kat Thien Thien, kerapu steam ala chinese.. awesome with butter prawn and vegies.

The next day, one whole day handling the workshop - this weekend i had to summaries the findings whatever laaaaaa.. there goes my weekend.
Pasar pagi behind the filipino market. they sell cheap sayur. New stuff that I saw was the variety of sea weeds on sales. Apparently they make a good salad (acar mentah). Nope I did not dare to try.

Shell stall. I bought two cowrie shells and coral. yeah I know I shouldn't for the sake of the environment but I can't help myself.. they are beautiful.




Sunset view in front of hyatt.
Monday pi Kinabalu park, it was rainy so tak nampak peak. Singgah lunch dekat Kinabalu Pine Resort. View is awesome.. makanan mahal, everything RM9.. even telor dadar bodoh (tiga telor aje and its RM9, the most expensive omelette i ever eaten)

Last day, Tuesday, go for a dive near Taman Tun Abdul Rahman. Twenty minutes by boat from KK. First dive, solomon (or is it sulaiman?) reef, somewhere between sapi and manukan island. Coral wise tak lah berwarna warni, but there are stuff that I haven't seen and saw it there.Like crocodile fish.

Note to myself - Got masalah to descend. Weight 9kg or Six weight x 1 1/2kg, Max dept 19m, bottom time 41 minutes, and oxygen bar well above fifty.


Second dive, tak ingat kat mana..but around that area jugaklah, 40 minutes bottom time, max depth 18m, and oxygen bar well above fifty. Go to naik cepat as one of the mat salleh (there are three of them (they are navy) and me alone..., used his oxygen too much. Lagipun ada third dive. While decompress at 5m, ada baby jelly fish, transparent and got to touch and play with it..

forego my third dive, sebab penat and nak kena fly out by 7.15pm. So just snorkelling dekat sapi island, lagi banyak ikan.. parrot fish bites me... shoott,


Balik tangan penuh allergics. spots and bumps and itchy. Will post gambar once I got around to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

seronotnya - travel makan n diving

farid

shilla66 said...

Flight ticket and hotel covered by work travel.. so kira bonusla dapat buat benda-benda ni.

Anonymous said...

gossip baru : agas ada kat KK
dah ada 2 anak :5 years n 2 years
kahwin ngan minah yg dia jumpa after aku [or whilst??] -

CLOSURE CLOSURE

farid

shilla66 said...

gossip izwan? or Za*n*b* tak de ke?
kwang kwang kwang

Anonymous said...

hahahah first I thought - what? zainab?
ohh-- pakcik NOBA
nope Izwan last I heard is trying to get a job in sydney somewhere - north shore..
pakcik noba plak?? apa citer???

F